Pages

Monday, January 08, 2007

Longing

The sight of the silver moon entranced my heart, inspiring thoughts of devotion. In my joy I almost failed to see that her beautiful light was but a dim reflection of the radiance of another. I sought the moon, but the moon showed me that her beauty was but a glimpse of a far greater glory. If I can rejoice in seeing her, how much more can I rejoice in the rising of the sun?



Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple

Psalm 42:1-2
As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?

Psalm 63:1
O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.

No comments: